‘Paragon Scandal’, AC decides to indict Khawaja brothers in next hearing
LAHORE: An Accountability Court has decided to indict Khawaja Saad Rafique and Khawaja Salman Rafique in next hearing of the Paragon scandal case on July 8.
According to details, An Accountability Court took up the Paragon case today where both Khawaja siblings were produced by National Accountability Bureau (NAB) under tight security.
After hearing arguments in the case, the court extended their judicial remand till August 08, deciding to indict them in next hearing.
After appearing before the court today, Khawaja Saad, while talking to journalists said, “Whatever is happening with us, the same will happen with them [PML-N’s political rivals] after a few months.”
He said, “We don’t want the same humiliation for Imran Khan from which PML-N and PPP have been suffering through,” while urging the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) to consider the charters of economy and democracy.
Saad further said, “Instead of suppressing the opposition, try to consider the charters of economy and democracy.”
“The PML-N leadership has effectively analysed the matter of [re-election] of the chairman of the Senate…and Hasil Bizenjo is a joint candidate nominated by the opposition,” he maintained, adding that his party had no personal conflict with the sitting chairman.
“He’s a good man,” he further said, while complaining about non-issuance of production orders of members of the opposition who are under the custody of the NAB in several corruption cases.
“Production orders are issued everywhere in the world where democratic norms are observed,” he concluded.
Earlier on Feb 2, the court had rejected a request made by the NAB for another extension in the physical remand of the Khawaja brothers in the case, and sent them on judicial remand.