Fire at Prime Minister’s Office extinguished
ISLAMABAD: A fire broke out at Prime Minister (PM) Secretariat’s sixth floor on Monday was quickly extinguished as five fire brigades rushed to building while cooling-down process is underway.
PM Secretariat was immediately evacuated as emergency was declared at the building.
Initial cause of fire has been ascertained to be an electrical short circuit in sixth floor of the building. Further investigation into the incident in underway.
Meanwhile, Spokesperson to the PM, Nadeem Afzal Chan informed the media that PM was present on fifth floor of secretariat when the fire broke out.
Chan said that the PM was informed about incident during a meeting, and he asked officials to determine the nature of fire.
Later, he asked all officials to leave the building immediately and he himself left when smoke erupted.
PM s spokesperson said all other meetings of the PM were underway as planned. No casualties have been reported and all staff members are safe.